If you’re looking for a Smartwatch that supports optimal fitness and fitness tracking, along with an impressive 3 million battery life, the Huawei Watch GT Active is what you need. Learn more about this product through the article “Review Huawei Watch GT Active – Smartwatch quality sports” offline.
The design of Huawei Watch GT is highly appreciated for its impressive appearance. The Huawei Watch has a stainless steel metal frame, the bezel is covered with high ceramic scratch resistance, and compared to the previous versions, this time there is a change in thickness and size.
In terms of size, the Watch GT has a slightly smaller size of 46mm compared to the 45mm of the Huawei Watch 2. Despite being more extensive, the thickness of the device has been shrunk from 12.6mm to 10.6mm only.
- AMOLED Touchscreen: 1. 39’’ AMOLED HD touch color screen boasts a 454x454 resolution, thus you can see more and see better
- Built-in GPS: Tracks your route and gets more accurate workout data without your phone
- 24/7 Heart Rate Monitor: Tureen 3. 0 provides precise up-to-the-second heart rate data day and night
- Sleep Tracking: Trustee 2. 0, developed in collaboration with Harvard Medical School’s CDB Center, identifies and corrects the 6 most common sleep-related issues, giving you more than 200 potential solutions and suggestions for better sleep
- Compatible with iOS or Android: Download the free companion app, Huawei Health, from the Google Play or Apple App store - Smart Notifications include: Caller ID, SMS, email, weather, calendar and social apps
Two special highlights on Watch GT are:
- Firstly, the benzene bezel is engraved with small numbers and dots, which look more compatible with the round face of the watch.
- Second, the side buttons themselves are made quite large, and the design looks like a knob on a classic watch.
Huawei Watch GT has two versions:
- One is the classic (classic) version with silver trim and faux leather strap
- The other version is the sport version (sport) with the whole machine black with rubber bands.
Finally, due to its diameter of up to 46mm, Huawei’s new smartwatch will be more suitable for people with large physique and large wrists.
Of course, with the large size, Watch GT will also have a large screen. Specifically, the display of this bracelet is:
- 1.39 inches,
- Resolution of 454 x 454 pixels and
- It has a pixel density of 326 PPI.
- By using the AMOLED screen, Watch GT for excellent visibility in all conditions, including in the sun.
- The Huawei Watch GT does not have an Always-On function but, in return, has the “Showtime” feature that keeps the watch bright for 5 minutes continuously.
With a large display screen, controlling operations on genuine Huawei Watch GT is elementary. Also, there are many different watch faces for you to choose to change according to your preferences. Besides, its sensor is also quite sensitive, just raise your wrist is the clock face light and will automatically turn off when lowering your hands when in normal mode.
Because of the homegrown operating system – LiteOS, this means that the watch does not have 3rd party applications. If you want to listen to music or change your watch face, you have to use the app Huawei’s built-in. There are about 11 watch faces on the Huawei Watch GT with many different styles. Hopefully, shortly, this operating system will gradually improve, as well as create more watch faces for this product.
LiteOS is a separate software “recently launched” by Huawei. This operating system works similarly to Wear OS but still has certain limitations. When you open the menu, you will see that almost all applications are used to monitor health, along with a lot of different exercise modes. The main features such as measuring heart rate, running steps, calories consumed, GPS, … all work well, fully meet the needs of weighing and measuring health indicators during the test.
However, the clock still has a bit of lag when used at first. If you use it a little longer, you will not see this problem anymore, but in general, this is a new operating system, it takes time to improve.
Note: When used to connect to a smartphone, you must download Huawei Health software instead of Huawei Wear like other watches of the company.
Health Support Features
It can be said that the Huawei Watch GT smartwatch is a true health monitoring watch. Because Huawei sacrificed on upgrading features such as independent music, messaging on the watch, and focused primarily on sports features. The Huawei GT Watch Active supports tracking of a variety of sports, with a focus on three subjects: swimming, running, and cycling.
Besides, to support your practice better, the machine also has a built-in Running Course. Also, Huawei GT features sleep tracking TrueSleep, and technology to monitor heart rate and stress has been upgraded.
According to the company’s introduction, Watch GT can be used for two weeks in normal mode: 30 days when turning off almost all features such as listening, receiving calls, heart rate sensors. Finally, it is 22 hours in a row if all features include: Exercise tracking, heart rate sensor, GPS, etc.
In fact, after using this watch for a week, I found the Watch GT still has a little battery and can last another half a day. So, according to calculations, the battery life will be used for more than one week.
This is because I use a mixture of functions, along with the regular connection to the phone so that the battery will run out of steam soon. But with a sports smartwatch like this, the battery lasts for a week is a very commendable thing.
The battery life may not reach 100% performance, as Huawei advertises. They depend on your usage, but generally, the Watch GT’s usage time is too much compared to current smartwatches.
Conclusion on the Huawei Watch GT Active
This will be a watch suitable for those who love sports, exercise, and like to monitor their health status closely.
And what do you think of the Huawei Watch GT? Leave your comments below.